ShiftCon has sprouted up as a fresh approach to new media conferencing, setting itself apart from an already crowded landscape of blogging events!
The blogosphere has inspired an entire industry of conferences, seeking to connect those who work and socialize online with in-person experiences. We’ve shared with you previous visits to BlogHer, Type A Parent and Build Your Blog conferences, all of them having good things to offer.
This fall, it’s the first opportunity for bloggers to attend a gathering aptly named for the shift it reflects in society, in the most influential areas of the blogging community, and in the consciousness of ordinary people seeking eco-wellness. It’s shaping up to be an interesting combination of cultural influences, from back-to-basics nutrition messages to an edgy call for wellness advocacy.
Here are a dozen reasons I’m looking forward to ShiftCon:
- Timely education in wellness, eco-friendly living, consumer safety, blogging and more.
- Engagement with stellar nonprofit groups, including the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families coalition that is sending me to this conference.
- Meeting a diversity of bloggers with different opinions and approaches to life.
- Encouragement from bloggers at various stages of eco-conscious living, including those who identify as Christian and are concerned as I am about environmental stewardship.
- The chance to meet Leah & Mark Segedie, the power couple behind the Bookieboo-Mamavation-ShiftCon media empire.
- Visiting sunny Los Angeles in the fall, a real treat for this Midwest-Southern girl who hasn’t experienced much coastal living!
- The chance for this work-from-home mama to dress up and maybe even wear heels.
- Dozens of vendors and sponsors, all with similar values about eco-wellness, that are more likely to offer things Flour Sack Mama readers want.
- Organic, non-GMO, locally farmed food available on site.
- An all-star speaker lineup including popular pediatrician Dr. Alan Greene, consumer champion Stacy Malkan and Vani Hari of Food Babe fame.
- An accepting fitness community offering a fun 5K and yoga with The Ultimate Yogi – Travis Eliot!
- New information and experiences to share with you in the Flour Sack Mama community!